Saturday, December 02, 2006

Random Ramblings

It has been eons ago since I last updated my blog (and the "eon" bit was partially a pun) :p

For those who didn't know YET, I have a new job (a 3-month old new job), in a stakeholder relations firm (to know what the heck that means, visit our site). Yes, I have crossed the fence, from publishing to public relations.

It has been a rollercoaster ride, I must say. It's stressful, fun, and very educational. And though I have received the culture shock of my 22-year existence, I am grateful for everything that happened. Heck, I can even say I'm happy, for "there is nothing better than for man to rejoice in his work; for this is his lot" (Eccl 3:22) I still believe that I was placed here for a purpose, a purpose that is yet to be revealed.

But heck, I have a nine-to-six work hour, wherein I arrive at the office before nine and leave way past after six. No, I am not yet a candidate for W.A. (Workaholics Anonymous) but give or take a few more years I might just be. (I am TOTALLY kidding.)

This new work is humbling, for most part. Humbling for it made me realize how much I do not know. It also made me realize a new level of submission to authority. It also took me out of my comfort zone (literally and figuratively). I never realized how 'pampered' I was back in the magazine, how relaxed the atmosphere was, until I got in the firm. Though those two industries don't differ much, it's the culture that's worlds apart.

In moments of weakness I tend to long for the past, thinking how good things WERE when I should be looking forward and moving on.

I also miss the routine I've had when I still living within Quezon City. It was a perfect triangle: home, office, ECR. But the habit was broken, and now I (or rather, the Lord) is dealing with my schedule.

I miss my friends. I actually miss having two jeepney rides, getting off in front of St. Luke’s, riding the trike to the gate of Rolling Hills Village and walking the dark roads to #51 10th St. every Mondays and Tuesdays, and first Wednesdays monthly. I miss hanging out with my KG sisters and my friends in community, the worship, the teachings, the laughter and the silly times after TR, hanging out by Lucille’s quaint stall, walking from ECR to the village gate.

And all the Lord has been telling me is wait… and wait in silence (am I such a loudmouth?! :p)

He’s also telling me something else, which my puny human mind can’t quite comprehend yet. It’s big, I’m quite afraid of it, should my hunch be true. I am asking for prayers: for clarity of mind, for wisdom and understanding.

Meanwhile…

Just do what I’m supposed to do. Continue with the race (or is it a fight?). Whichever it is, I am confident that I am not alone in it.

Oh yeah, I know how Joel Houston looks when he’s NOT looking like a yagit na magsasaka: really H-O-T-T *wink wink*

No comments: